What is Tooth Implant Surgery?
Dental Implants are artificial tooth roots placed into jawbones for holding a replacement tooth. For people who have lost a tooth or teeth due to various reasons, implants can be the permanent and long lasting solution.
Tooth implant surgery is a procedure where tooth roots are replaced by metallic implants. This is followed by replacing the void with an artificial tooth that holds firmly to the implant surface. Nowadays it has become common to go for tooth implant surgery, considering the long term benefits that it has over its alternatives- dentures and bridgeworks.
Tooth Implant Surgery Procedure
There are two main factors that decide how the surgery is performed- type of implant used and condition of your jawbone. These are long term and permanent solutions for your oral care and health. With adequate bone healing time, implants are firmly fixed to the roots and functions the way your natural teeth would normally do.
KL Dental Clinic Malaysia offers a multilayer screening for patients. First step is the consultation with a specialist dentist. Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons inspect the condition of the patient’s mouth, face and jaw. In the next step, a Periodontist who specializes in treating teeth support systems such as bones and gums analyses your specific requirements. A Prosthodontist is a specialised dentist who designs artificial teeth and fits them. Service of an Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) specialist is also seeked at times.
Tooth implant surgery involves one or more surgical procedures. The below explained 3 step evaluation allows a better understanding and provides clarity:
- Examination: A comprehensive dental examination involves dental X-Rays and 3D images of your teeth and jawbones. A 3D model of jaw and teeth helps dentists understand your condition better.
- Medical History: As in the case of any other surgery, doctors prefer to review your medical history. If you have taken or are taking any drugs and supplements, they can be crucial information to dentists. If you have any heart conditions or orthopedic implants, antibiotics may be prescribed prior to surgery to prevent infection.
- Treatment Plan: Surgery plans are usually customized. Number of teeth to be replaced, condition of surrounding, remaining teeth and that of jawbone are all taken into consideration while developing a treatment plan.
Anesthesia options including local anesthesia, general anesthesia or sedation are usually given for controlling pain. Your dentist will advise you on the best suitable option upon evaluation. The dental team will advise on the things to avoid such as eating certain types of food etc prior to surgery. In the case of general anesthesia, it is advisable to have a day off from physical chores for complete rest.
Tooth Implant Surgery Cost
Are you looking for a cost effective tooth implant surgery in Malaysia? Don’t be surprised to know that tens and thousands of people flock to foreign nations looking for cost effective dental treatments. Not only is the cost on the lower side, but also the international quality standards are met at dental clinics in Malaysia.
For Malaysians these clinics are always accessible and friendly, whereas for foreigners, this Southeast Asian nation offers warm hospitality and pleasant treatment. The growing trend of ‘Dental Tourism’ points to the fact that you can combine your holiday to this exotic tourism destination with high quality dental treatments- making your trip even productive!
Tooth implant surgery cost varies from one person to the other. It is based on numerous factors, especially individual requirements based on assessment. There might be slight variations generally in terms of cost when it comes to surgery at different private facilities in Malaysia. Compared to most of the countries in the West, Malaysia offers at par quality dental services to domestic and international patients within an affordable budget. Most traveler patients from the West consider Malaysia as the best destination to get their major dental surgeries done while holidaying simultaneously in this beautiful country.
Strength of US Dollars and Euro against Malaysian Currency is also a boon for many patients from the West to engage with their dental surgeries while in Malaysia. It is a good practice to get in touch with pioneers like KL Dental Clinic Malaysia to know about the products used, procedures and the availability of spares back in your home country well in advance.
The average cost of dental implants in Malaysia ranges between MYR 5000 to MYR 10000. The average cost per implant is approximately MYR 5000- MYR 6000. Apart from the cost of implants, professional dentist fees per consultation, cleaning, whitening, extracting, filling, other services and facilities too are cheaper in Malaysia.
Post Surgery Care- Lifestyle Tips
It is a good practice to follow routine oral hygiene and care, especially post tooth implant surgery.
- Oral Hygiene: Implants, gum tissues and artificial teeth should be kept clean always. Interdental and other similar brushes of specific proposes can clean nooks and crannies around the implant metal posts, gums and teeth.
- Dentist Visits: Make routine visits to your dentist. Scheduling your visits as per the advice of dentists will help in following up the health and functioning of implants for the long term.
- Avoid Habits: When you try chewing or biting certain hard food substances such as hard candy or ice, crowns tend to break. Damage can happen to the surrounding natural teeth too. It is advisable to avoid excessive use of tooth staining tobacco. Caffeine containing products can also be ticked off from your diet.
Malaysian dental facilities offer world class customer care and top notch services to patients. It is definitely the most preferred Asian destination by people from across different nations. Tooth implant surgery can be hassle free if proper understanding, professional consultation, follow ups and procedures are followed.
KL Dental Clinic offers state of the art dental procedures for any sort of dental implant requirements. Our dedicated and experienced team of dentists awaits to understand your needs, guide you and be with you. We are glad to assist any queries you may have related to oral care.